Traveling with Dual Citizenship

Students who hold dual citizenship (most notably students who are US citizens as well as citizens of a country that provides access to visa free travel to their Spring 2016 location) should take careful note to bring both passports with them this semester when they travel.

If you are a US citizen, you must always use your US passport when entering the US, regardless of which passport you used to enter your Spring 2016 study location.  When entering your Spring 2016 study location, you should use the passport which provides you with the ability to study there visa-free.

For example:

A dual US-EU citizen should use their EU passport when entering Italy, but their US passport when returning to the US.

Please contact the Office of Global Services at or 212-998-4242 if you have any questions.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s